What's New

Check out the newest Chloe Harris in Silent Night, Sinful Night then get great discounts on the first two Chloe Harris Books Paperback: $5.60 Kindle Edition: $6.89!!!

Noelle's Page has updates 7/7/11 - I'm on Tumblr!

B*s Page has updates 1/28/2011

Welcome to Chloe Harris' Blog

"Chloe Harris" really is the pseudonym for two writers, Noelle and Barbra, who've joined forces to write intriguing and sexy stories. A quintessential eccentric southerner, Noelle seems to find a story in almost everything. Ever ambitious to change her stars, she has a degree in Communications. Barbra lives together with her cat ('Princess Mimi'), who isn't very happy that she is spending so much time on writing. But this folly of the living can opener with opposable thumbs is mostly tolerated.

Need to Contact Us?
authorchloeharris@gmail.com


Thursday, October 15, 2009

Confessions of a Reformed Workoholic

by Barbra

Wow. What a week. And here I thought “busy as a B*” is just a saying. I like being busy. Don’t know why. Probably I just like to keep busy in order to not be tempted to brood over the deeper meaning of life . . . or something equally important.

So, since I’ve had my share of being restricted to doing nothing but think last week (and the week before mostly) I’ve had my share of just coming home to sleep this week. I’ve had so much to do that I thought all those obligations and responsibilities would suffocate me.

I’ve had about 40 unread emails in one email-account - and I have two, which means I read through 80 unread emails and I replied to two thirds of them. Not only did I lose sight of some friendly chit-chat-mails, I also overlooked really important notices such as the one that asked me to pay for another 6 months of webspace. So now we don’t have a website for a day, the yummy background at the blog is temporarily gone and I’m afraid I lost the guestbook again. But I did a back-up in August! Now all that remains is finding out how that works. I’m a complete idiot when it comes to technical stuff - stuff I can’t see (and by watching finding out how it works).

But the silver lining is: I got my life back. And I love every second of it! I’ve been working only for the last three years. Either I was writing or working or doing household stuff or studying. There was no day off for me. I just did what I thought I had to do, because “if I don’t do it, nobody else will”. I was work, I lived and breathed work, I defined myself through my work and I believed the sole purpose of my existence is to work.

I totally forgot how important it is to have a life, to get out and meet friends and to just be - just be “me”. Sometime last week, in the throes of a fever, I realized I had to let go. There are things I just can’t change no matter how much I strive for control or struggle and fight and kick and scream against the inevitable. It’s still . . . well, INEVITABLE and all you can do is make the most of what remains - which is pretty much: You and your life.

Work can be fulfilling, but it’s not everything. You only have one life (well, depends on your religious belief actually) so make the most of it. Distinguish between what makes your life richer and what doesn’t. Enjoy the former, get rid of the latter and . . .
JUST B* ;-)

1 comment:

Noelle (Chloe Harris) said...

I'm so glad your feeling better!! And I totally agree with you.

No worries about the tech stuff. I'm sure the site will be back up soon.