We all have those days ... Some are good, but some are harder than others. When it's one of those days - when life hands you lemons - it's good to remember the following Pearls of Wisdom:
1. Money cannot buy happiness but it’s more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than it is on a bicycle.
2. Forgive your enemy but remember the bastard’s name and where he parked his car.
3. Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when he is in trouble again.
4. Many people are alive only because it’s illegal to shoot them. (Go ahead. Make my day. Do you feel lucky?)
5. Alcohol does not solve any problem, but then neither does milk.
Now, I'm aware that these are cynical and pessimistic Pearls of Wisdom. I'm not saying I'm above those - surely not when it's that time of the month (especially #4!!!) - but I do try to live up to my personal affirmatives, or my Power Thoughts* nowadays:
Forgiveness of myself and others releases me from the past. Forgiveness is the answer to almost every problem. Forgiveness is a gift to myself; I leave behind all feelings of not being good enough. I forgive, and I set myself free.
2. No Blame
I release the need to blame anyone, including myself. We are all doing the best we can with the understanding, knowledge and awareness we have.
3. No more Fears and Doubts
I now choose to free myself from all destructive fears and doubts. I accept myself and create peace in my mind and heart.
There is no competition and no comparison, for we are all different and meant to be that way.
5. Life is a Mirror
The people in my life are really mirrors of me. This affords me the opportunity to grow and change.
*abridged, based on several Power Thought Cards by Louise L. Hay.
Now, don't think just because I have all those lily-white, pure affirmatives and Power Thoughts on my bedside table that my erotic-romance-writing-mind isn't as filthy as it used to be. No worries, I can think of lots and lots of dirty (and less deliciously kinky) things for the characters to try out and see how they like it ... hehe