What's New

Check out the newest Chloe Harris in Silent Night, Sinful Night then get great discounts on the first two Chloe Harris Books Paperback: $5.60 Kindle Edition: $6.89!!!

Noelle's Page has updates 7/7/11 - I'm on Tumblr!

B*s Page has updates 1/28/2011

Welcome to Chloe Harris' Blog

"Chloe Harris" really is the pseudonym for two writers, Noelle and Barbra, who've joined forces to write intriguing and sexy stories. A quintessential eccentric southerner, Noelle seems to find a story in almost everything. Ever ambitious to change her stars, she has a degree in Communications. Barbra lives together with her cat ('Princess Mimi'), who isn't very happy that she is spending so much time on writing. But this folly of the living can opener with opposable thumbs is mostly tolerated.

Need to Contact Us?
authorchloeharris@gmail.com


Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It Was Lust at First Read

What I’ve been thinking about lately is beginnings, specifically beginnings of books and who you meet first.

I started and almost finished a book over the weekend, The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer Ashley. Best thing I've read in a long time. You meet the hero first and let me tell you the first ten pages blew my socks off! I was so attracted too and fascinated by the hero I was hooked very very quickly. It was love, or at least lust, at first read with Lord Ian. :)

I have read perfectly wonderful books where you meet the heroine first. In both Secrets of Sin and Connor’s story you meet the heroine first. In Secrets of Sin, Emiline is meeting with her lawyer on a very important matter and in the sequel Jaidyn is meeting with Madame Poivre with her own very important matter.

In Mary Jo Putney's latest, , Loving a Lost Lord, (which I would recommend and really liked except for the bollywood ending) neither the Hero nor Heroine are in the first scene. The first scene establishes the world for the new series.

Ashely's book made such an impact and hooked me so fast I started to think that you should always meet and hero. But maybe it’s not really about whom you meet but about what’s happening or even where it’s happening.

Is it more effective to draw you, the reader, in with your attraction to the Hero, with the character in the biggest crisis or with the world itself?


(For those that might have seen something similar from me on a loop I belong to. What can I say my kid is going to college on Saturday, my time is short.) lol

No comments: