What's New

Check out the newest Chloe Harris in Silent Night, Sinful Night then get great discounts on the first two Chloe Harris Books Paperback: $5.60 Kindle Edition: $6.89!!!

Noelle's Page has updates 7/7/11 - I'm on Tumblr!

B*s Page has updates 1/28/2011

Welcome to Chloe Harris' Blog

"Chloe Harris" really is the pseudonym for two writers, Noelle and Barbra, who've joined forces to write intriguing and sexy stories. A quintessential eccentric southerner, Noelle seems to find a story in almost everything. Ever ambitious to change her stars, she has a degree in Communications. Barbra lives together with her cat ('Princess Mimi'), who isn't very happy that she is spending so much time on writing. But this folly of the living can opener with opposable thumbs is mostly tolerated.

Need to Contact Us?
authorchloeharris@gmail.com


Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cover Art

by Barbra

We’ve come a long way. Remember the times when the covers of romance books were so bad that you were ashamed to read them in public (you can find examples on this website)? I do. The very first romance I read - and I started very late with that genre - made me wish the earth would kindly open up and swallow me because the cover was so... telling. Thank goodness I had inherited a leather book cover from my granny that I used to cover my shameful secret with because I simply didn’t have the time to read in private. I used public transportation to reach uni and it took me three hours to get there and back, three hours where I just couldn’t sit idly in the train and twiddle my thumbs.

Some time ago I stumbled across this website, where such covers are ridiculed. Check it out. It’s hilarious! Here are my favorites:







You can also find more of those on this website.

Back then, despite that leather cover, I was still embarrassed to read such a book. Even buying a romance with such a cover was awful. It felt like buying condoms in a store full of people staring at you.
Every one of us romance junkies has a similar story to tell, I’m sure. What’s yours? I’d love to hear it.

No comments: