What's New

Check out the newest Chloe Harris in Silent Night, Sinful Night then get great discounts on the first two Chloe Harris Books Paperback: $5.60 Kindle Edition: $6.89!!!

Noelle's Page has updates 7/7/11 - I'm on Tumblr!

B*s Page has updates 1/28/2011

Welcome to Chloe Harris' Blog

"Chloe Harris" really is the pseudonym for two writers, Noelle and Barbra, who've joined forces to write intriguing and sexy stories. A quintessential eccentric southerner, Noelle seems to find a story in almost everything. Ever ambitious to change her stars, she has a degree in Communications. Barbra lives together with her cat ('Princess Mimi'), who isn't very happy that she is spending so much time on writing. But this folly of the living can opener with opposable thumbs is mostly tolerated.

Need to Contact Us?
authorchloeharris@gmail.com


Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Normally an Enthusiastic Roman Solider Would Be My Idea of a Great Morning

Torchwood, a BBC Wales production, is my new favorite show. OMG am I so obsessed with this show now!
Like, Battlestar Galactica, it's another example of SF/F/P done right. I was sceptical when this was recommended to me. It's a spin off of Dr. Who and even the newest Dr. Who is a little too cheesy for me. But I was going on a trip and I wanted something to watch on my laptop while trying to get to sleep while I was gone so I thought what the Heck. OMG It is so so so Fabulous!
Why you ask am I telling you this on a Romance writing/author's blog? Because it's good story telling, period. It's about an agency that works outside the lines to handle all the things that go bump in the Night like aliens and time shifts and evil fairies etc. The show centers around the Cardiff, Wales branch of Torchwood. Cardiff lays on a temporal rift so it sees a lot of action.
For a SF show there are very little special effects because that's not what the stories are about. The SF element is just the back drop for human drama that takes place.
Gwen is the main female character, a beat cop that's recruited into Torchwood when she gets caught up in there world on a case. The show follows her struggles dealing being thrown into a dangerous world she never knew existed.
Then there is the enigmatic, sexually fluid Capital Jack. I love this man or whatever he may be, time agent, immortal what have you. He's mysterious and ruthless and witty and sexy and everything you'd want it the leader of a covert team to save our world from the universe at large.
Check at out at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torchwood and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torchwood_Institute and BBC America -Torchwood

No comments: