What's New

Check out the newest Chloe Harris in Silent Night, Sinful Night then get great discounts on the first two Chloe Harris Books Paperback: $5.60 Kindle Edition: $6.89!!!

Noelle's Page has updates 7/7/11 - I'm on Tumblr!

B*s Page has updates 1/28/2011

Welcome to Chloe Harris' Blog

"Chloe Harris" really is the pseudonym for two writers, Noelle and Barbra, who've joined forces to write intriguing and sexy stories. A quintessential eccentric southerner, Noelle seems to find a story in almost everything. Ever ambitious to change her stars, she has a degree in Communications. Barbra lives together with her cat ('Princess Mimi'), who isn't very happy that she is spending so much time on writing. But this folly of the living can opener with opposable thumbs is mostly tolerated.

Need to Contact Us?
authorchloeharris@gmail.com


Wednesday, March 26, 2008

English Lit and the Voice of Dame Edna

I just finished listening to the unabridged version of The Scandal of the Season by Sophie Gee, the fictional tale of the true story behind the poetic satire The Rape of the Lock by Alexander Pope.
It was very well done but horribly maudlin in the end. I’ve read so many romances lately it was a bit of a shock not to have a happily ever after. But I love rich historical detail even if it can get a little dull and being of Scottish decent I do love the ill fated Jacobites. Also being a writer it was fascinating to see the inspiration behind such a classic work of English Literature even if it was a fictional account.
And really I can’t deny that my favorite love stories of all don’t have happy endings. That’s why I love them so much, they leave me yearning.
The main issue I have however with the audiobook is that although I enjoyed Cameron Stewart’s voice in general, his attempt at the women’s voices as he read dialogue all seemed to sound like Dame Edna.

Noelle

No comments: